Michael J. Curry
“The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”
– Arnold Schwarzenegger
Michael joined the Gateway Financial team in 2017. As Policy Administrator and Case Designer, his primary responsibility is to assist the Director of Client Services in selecting the most competitive and suitable life insurance products for Gateway’s clients and after a policy is issued, to calendar, track, supervise and process the policy’s servicing events for the client’s lifetime. In his role, Michael:
- Identifies the risks inherent in each life insurance product as they are introduced by an insurance carrier and stress‐ tests those risks by generating and comparing insurance illustrations to determine the effect on policy performance.
- Compares the product performance of the various life insurance products in the marketplace on a risk‐neutral and objective basis to identify and categorize the most competitive products available based on the client’s preliminary underwriting offers, risk tolerance and funding objectives.
- Spreadsheets, ranks and summarizes a short‐list of viable products, their premium cost, their death benefit rate of return at the client’s life expectancy and the carrier’s preliminary underwriting offer and Comdex (financial strength) rating for presentation to the client and their professional advisor team.
- Assists team members in drafting and assembling Policy Documentation Packages once the policy acquisition process has been completed. This package is provided to clients and their advisors after a policy is issued. This package includes: 1) an overview of the purpose of the coverage; 2) An explanation of how the insurance product works; 3) “as issued” policy projections at various assumed cash value rates/dividend scales; 4) an explanatory summary of those projections; 5) a one‐page policy summary that lists the policy number, insurance carrier, insured, billing address, policy death benefit, premium, premium mode, premium payment window, policy owner, beneficiary, premium payor, policy date, etc.; 6) the policy itself; 7) copies of agreements pertaining to the policy (e.g. a trust agreement, premium financing materials, etc.); and, 8) a carrier financial‐rating report.
- Updates Gateway’s data base with client and policy information and calendars policy service events to ensure that client policies are monitored and serviced on a pro‐active basis.
- Generates policy‐service tracking reports and assists the Director of Client Services in providing post‐issue, proactive policy service to Gateway’s clients, including policy performance benchmark reports, premium reminders and gift tax and income tax reportable income reports.
- Attends industry conferences and insurance carrier seminars for continuing education purposes as well as for developing strong relationships with carrier personnel to provide exceptional service to clients.
Michael resides in Blawnox, PA. Michael enjoys sailing, swimming, and water‐skiing as well as traveling to new places. He has a dog, Scooby‐Doo, who lives with his family in Charlotte, NC. Michael loves going to sporting events and hanging with friends and family. He is a competitor through and through, loves playing games, and never turns down a challenge. He also enjoys cooking and trying new foods.
Education & Affiliations:
- Hood College, Frederick, MD, Bachelor of Arts in Economics with a concentration in Political Economics and a Minor in Mathematics.
- Eagle Scout and retired‐NCAA Varsity Swimmer