Richard I. Lerach, CFP©, AIF©
“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
Rick joined Gateway in 2012 with extensive previous experience as a Senior Portfolio Manager and Financial Planning Specialist at a major wirehouse. In his role as Director, he is responsible for business development, which involves creating and managing relationships with clients and professional advisors (CPAs, Attorneys, Bankers and Investment Advisors). Working with individuals, families and business owners, Rick identifies client objectives, determines an appropriate strategy, educates the client and collaborates with their advisor team, and coordinates and executes a life insurance portfolio for their specific funding needs. Post- planning, he meets regularly with clients and advisors to review planning and portfolio performance.
Rick lives in Mt. Lebanon, a township just South of the City of Pittsburgh, with his wife, Elizabeth, an OB/GYN, and their three sons. They enjoy spending time together outdoors and stay as active as possible exploring the regions’ parks and playgrounds. Rick has played an active role in numerous professional associations and non-profits. Fun Fact: In addition to his family and community time, Rick recently joined the ski patrol at a local ski resort.
Education & Affiliations:
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Management),
- College for Financial Planning, Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP®)
- Center for Fiduciary Studies, Accredited Investment FiduciaryTM (AIF®)
- Estate Planning Council of Pittsburgh (EPC), Member
- Financial Planning Association of Pittsburgh (FPA), Former Board Member
- M Holdings Securities, Inc., Registered Representative ‐ FINRA Series 7, 31, 63 & 65 securities registrations
- Licensed Pennsylvania Life Insurance Agent (Lines of Authority: Life & Fixed Annuities, Accident & Health, Variable
- Life/Variable Annuity), California
- Insurance License Number 0H36532
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Member
- Leadership Pittsburgh: Class of XXXII
- Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence, University of Pittsburgh, 2017 Entrepreneurial Fellow
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh, Board Member, Executive & Governance Committees & Investment Policy Committee Chair
- Mt. Lebanon Community Foundation, Co‐Founder, Board Member, Executive Committee and Investment Policy Committee Chair
- Mt. Lebanon Main Line Homeowners Association, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- Hidden Valley Resort, Ski Patroller
- Calvary Episcopal Church, Member
Check the background of Richard Lerach on FINRA’s BrokerCheck
Rick is a registered representative of M Holdings Securities, Inc. California Insurance License Number 0H36532.