“Success is stumbling from failure to failure without a loss in enthusiasm” – Winston Churchill
Robert “RJ” joined the Gateway Team in September of 2021. As Policy Administrator, his primary responsibility is to provide assistance to the business team with administrative life insurance policy issue and in-force service tasks. With an extensive background in communication and leadership combined with excellent critical reasoning, RJ directly works with teammates, clients, and carriers utilizing applicable policy forms and internal procedures to answer inquiries and process service requests. In his role, RJ:
- Prepare and send applications, carrier receipts, and policy documentation packages to clients via DocuSign. Develop mastery of DocuSign functionality.
- Prepare and bind policy documentation packages for case manager completion.
- Bind hard copies of completed policy documentation packages and/or use Adobe PDF to combine files to create
- Coordinate with various life insurance carriers to create, submit, and follow up on information request letters for independent third-party insurance audits.
- Coordinate with various life insurance carriers to obtain service forms, wiring instructions, policy values, and other needed information for in-force policies.
- Respond directly to clients on service-related inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Provide and fulfill policy owner services requests, such as beneficiary and ownership changes, term conversions,
address changes, premium administration, etc.
- Follow up with carriers to ensure service changes are made. Track activities and update internal CRMs as necessary and track changes.
- Provide various inforce service-related policy tasks such as send out premium reminders for trust owned policies, no lapse guaranteed premium timing reminders, term conversion / replacement reminders, lapse notices, etc…
RJ resides in Sewickley, PA. In his free time, he enjoys golfing and working out. He loves to spend time with his family. Fun fact: RJ is fluent in Italian.
Education & Affiliations:
- High Point University, B.S.B.A in International Business, Minor in Italian
- High Point University, Masters in Communication and Business Leadership
- Student Athletic Advisory Committee, Member