David J. Malone, CLU, ChFC
Chairman & CEO
“Always happy, never satisfied.”
– David J. Malone
David is a co‐owner and co‐founder of Gateway Financial, providing key leadership since 1982. He is responsible for building and managing relationships for the firm. David has sophisticated insight and experience in all areas of financial, benefits, and generational wealth planning for individuals having net worth of $20 million or more and is adept at the design and funding of executive benefits for both public and private companies. His extensive expertise in wealth preservation and business continuity planning creates opportunities to work with a variety of individuals and business owners.
David works closely with clients and their advisors and guides them through the insurance process, educating them on the economics and risks to create a personalized estate plan. Keeping current on industry trends and changing products allows David to design plans meant to keep his clients at the pinnacle of efficient wealth planning strategies. David creates a clear vision for Gateway, empowering the Executive team and employees to build an effective organization. The empathy David has for his clients and the synergy he creates among his relationships are hallmarks of his success. He is a passionate advocate for various community organizations and is particularly interested in workforce and education issues.
David lives in Gibsonia, PA with his wife, Nancy. They have three grown children and together they enjoy yoga, golf, and staying active. David has run marathons and participated in century cycling events. Fun facts: David played basketball at Allegheny College; his passion for yoga led him to open a yoga studio, Stray Dog Yoga.
Education & Affiliations:
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Allegheny College
- M Holdings Securities, Inc., Registered Representative ‐ FINRA Series 1, 6, 26, 39 & 63 securities licenses
- Highmark Health/Highmark, Inc. Board of Directors, Personnel & Compensation Committees, Quality, Safety & Value Committee meeting
- FNB Corporation Board of Directors, Audit Committee & Compensation Committee Chair
- Allegheny Conference on Community Development, Executive, Personnel & Compensation Committees, Political
- Action Committee Chairman
- Robert Morris University Board of Trustees, Trustee, Executive, Finance, & Governance Committees
- United Way, Board of Trustees, Executive & Governance Committees
Awards & Recognition:
- Robert Morris University, first honoree of namesake David J. Malone Volunteer Service Award
- Coleman Award for Excellence in Community Service
- Jewish Nation Fund Tree of Life Awardee
- American Ireland Fund Chairman’s Award Honoree
- Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC) Educational Foundation Lifetime Legend Award
- Epilepsy Foundation, King of the Mardi Gras Gala
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, 31st Annual Corporate Roast Honoree
Check the background of Dave Malone on FINRA’s BrokerCheck
David is a registered representative of M Holdings Securities, Inc., California Insurance License Number 0C26326.