Policy Administrator & Case Designer
“Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.”
– Robert Collier
Elizabeth joined the Gateway Financial team in June of 2018. As Policy Administrator and Case Designer, her primary responsibility is to assist the Director of Client Services in selecting the most competitive and suitable life insurance products for Gateway’s clients and after a policy is issued, to calendar, track, supervise and facilitate the policy’s servicing events for the client’s lifetime. In her role, Elizabeth:
- Identifies the risks inherent in each life insurance product and stress-tests those risks by generating and
comparing insurance illustrations to determine the effect on policy performance.
- Compares the performance of the various life insurance products in the marketplace on a risk-neutral and objective basis to identify the most competitive products available based on the client’s preliminary
underwriting offers, risk tolerance and funding objectives.
- Assists team members in drafting and assembling a Policy Documentation Package for presentation to the client and their advisors each time a policy is issued. This package includes: 1) an overview of the purpose of
the coverage; 2) an explanation of how the insurance product works; 3) “as issued” policy projections at various assumed cash value rates; 4) an explanatory summary of those projections; 5) a one-page policy
summary that lists all pertinent details of the policy (e.g. billing address, premium mode, premium payment window, etc.); 6) the original policy; 7) copies of agreements pertaining to the policy (e.g. a trust agreement, premium financing materials, etc.); and, 8) a carrier financial-rating report.
- Updates Gateway’s database with client and policy information and calendars policy service events to ensure that client policies are monitored and serviced on a pro-active basis.
- Generates policy-service tracking reports and assists the Director of Client Services in providing post-issue, proactive policy service to Gateway’s clients, including policy performance benchmark reports, premium
reminders and gift tax and income tax reportable income reports.
- Attends industry conferences and insurance carrier seminars for continuing education and competitive intelligence purposes as well as for developing strong relationships with carrier personnel to provide
exceptional service to clients.
Elizabeth resides in Castle Shannon, PA. She enjoys attending various types of exercise classes including conditioning, boot camp and yoga. Elizabeth also enjoys trying new recipes, watching hockey and baseball and spending time with friends and family. Fun fact: Elizabeth graduated college in only 3.5 years and is pursuing her Fellow of the Society of Actuaries
Education & Affiliations:
- Ohio University, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with a focus in Actuarial Science and Minors in Finance
- Relay for Life, Volunteer
- American Cancer Society, Volunteer