Beth Lang, CLU
“Much good work is lost for the lack of a little more.” – Edward Henry Harriman
Beth is a co-owner and co-founder of Gateway Financial. Since Gateway’s inception in 1982, Beth has been responsible for the development and implementation of firm-wide strategies that support Gateway’s mission – to shift the paradigm of a client’s insurance experience from a transactional event to a trusting, meaningful and lasting relationship among the client, their advisors and Gateway Financial for the client’s lifetime. As a result of Beth’s leadership initiatives, Gateway’s insurance acquisition process is consultative and educational, clients have access to highly competitive insurance products, client underwriting offers (and thus pricing) is optimized and clients understand the insurance they own and how it is performing on an ongoing basis.
With over 35 years of technical knowledge and a strong background in the legal, accounting and tax issues pertaining to insurance solutions, Beth also leads and oversees Gateway’s insurance proposal development and implementation team. Beth is frequently invited to speak at industry conferences on topics ranging from split-dollar funding/rescue techniques and supplemental executive benefit plans to the operational efficiencies of insurance firms.
Beth resides in Wexford, PA with her husband, Chip. They enjoy vacationing and golfing with their adult children. Fun facts: Beth’s two daughters both work in the financial services industry; she taught high school mathematics and computer science prior to joining Gateway Financial; Beth’s husband is a former professional baseball player.
Education & Affiliations:
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics
- Duquesne University, Masters of Business Administration
- The American College at Bryn Mawr, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- M Holdings Securities, Inc., Registered Representative ‐ FINRA Series 6 & 63 securities registrations
- Licensed Pennsylvania Life Insurance Agent (Lines of Authority: Life & Fixed
- Annuities, Accident & Health, Variable Life/Variable Annuity)
- Published in the Journal of Accountancy, Best’s Review and Estate Planning
- The Advanced Association of Life Underwriters (AALU) and Legislative Circle, Member
- PA Lawyer’s Fund for Client Security, Former Vice‐Chair and Treasurer
- PA Supreme Court Investment Advisory Board, Former Board Member
- CA Insurance License 0K86166
- AR Insurance License 2053417
Check the background of Beth Lang on FINRA’s BrokerCheck