Karen M. Wynn
Chief Operating Officer
“Leaders become great, not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others.” – John C. Maxwell
Karen joined the Gateway Financial Team in July of 2022. As Chief Operating Officer, Karen manages the daily operations of Gateway and oversees all departments within the firm. Karen brings over 35 years of successful managerial experience in the Human Resources field, along with administration and office operations in the legal, manufacturing, high‐tech and service industries. As a result of Karen’s strong analytical and problem‐solving skills, her role at Gateway is multi‐faceted.
With a blend of managerial and operational experience and advanced skills in leadership and communications, Karen does not just see the bigger picture, she understands how to navigate within it. In this role, Karen:
- Provides overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, retention, and training that correspond to the strategy and objectives of Gateway.
- Develops and implements comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost‐ effective.
- Develops HR policies and procedures ensuring legal compliance.
- Maintains and manages contracts with M Financial and Gateway’s Joint Venture Partners to ensure compliance is always maintained.
- Manages contracts and leases with vendors. Handles all renewals and negotiations.
- Evaluates and manages Gateway’s office cybersecurity standards to achieve conformity within the current regulatory landscape, while preserving the firm’s ability to efficiently conduct daily business operations.
- Maintains office efficiency by overseeing all aspects of the office’s space/ infrastructure planning. Provides guidance, resources, and solutions.
- Partners with management to determine necessary changes to day‐to‐day operations.
Karen was a former board member of the CCBC Foundation, Our Lady of Fatima School Board and volunteer at the Vincentian Marion Manor Nursing Home. Karen also had the honor to be a guest lecturer at Robert Morris University to discuss current trends and topics related to Human Resources. She is a member of SHRM, PHRA, PLAA and ALA.
Karen resides in Moon, PA with her husband, Jeff. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, especially at the beach in the late summer months. Fun fact: Karen finds so much peace in the kitchen with baking that she often bakes for her entire neighborhood!