Underwriting & Policy Administration
“Success is the results of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
Rachel is a contractor with Krisslyn Financial Design and provides underwriting and policy administration services to the Gateway Financial team since 2022. With excellent communication adeptness, and an aptitude for problem-solving, Rachel plays a key role in assisting teammates with issuing new life insurance policies and administering the life insurance once issued, especially as it relates to in-force service tasks. To ensure a seamless workflow, Rachel works with Gateway’s team, clients, and carriers utilizing Gateway’s procedures to effectively address inquiries and deliver prompt policy service. In her role, Rachel:
- Assists in the underwriting process to ensure medical records are received, applications are in good order and policies are issued accordingly and accurately.
- Coordinates with various life insurance carriers to obtain service forms, inforce illustrations, policy values, and other needed information to properly service in-force policies.
- Fulfills policy owner services requests, such as beneficiary and ownership changes, term conversions, address changes, premium administration, etc.
- Provides various inforce service-related policy tasks such as sending out premium reminders for trust owned policies, no lapse guaranteed premium timing reminders, term conversion / replacement reminders, lapse notices, etc.
- Responds to clients on service-related inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Coordinates with carriers to ensure service changes are made. Track activities and update internal CRMs as necessary.
Rachel lives in Columbus, OH with her fiancé James and their 2 dogs. She enjoys swimming, boxing, weight training, and traveling the world with James. Rachel also enjoys serving the community and volunteering through her church. Fun Fact: Rachel earned her first-degree black belt in Taekwondo and loves to watch the UFC fights and football games.
Education and Affiliations:
- Business Administration, California Coast University
- Client Builder Award, Guardian
- Licenses: LAH